Monday, December 1, 2008

No Thanksgiving recipes?!

Fail. I wasn't able to cook anything for Thanksgiving. But I have a good reason! I flew home from Tucson to be with the family for the holiday and didn't land in Baltimore until about an hour and a half before Thanksgiving dinner. Even so, it was incredibly delicious! Who says vegetarians can't eat well on Thanksgiving?! My step-mother made a sweet potato casserole that was literally heavenly. There were a few veggie casseroles and about 4 types of stuffing. For dessert there was four types of pie. This is why Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday of all time. During the weekend I walked around Williams-Sonoma and Crate & Barrel with Rose and it took every ounce of self control to not buy anything in the store...thankfully I walked away and didn't spend my life savings.

What were some favorite thanksgiving dishes this year??

I will be back soon enough with some more food! On the way: honey fig ice cream with toasted almond! (this has been on my ice cream to-do list for some time, so I really hope this actually happens soon!)

1 comment:

Stephany said...

I had my first brussel sprouts! lol they werent as bad as the world makes them out to be, my mom hated them so much she never subjected us to them. And I had my first green bean casserole- my dad hates this dish so we never have it at home. for thanksgiving we always have plain old green beans which odly enough I hate hahaha green bean casserole was better to me since it disguises the putrid taste of green beans hahaha I must be the only person alive who is not a fan of green beans or corn, give me any other veggie please!