Sunday, March 15, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip & Orange Cookies

These are one of my all-time favorite cookies in the world! The recipe is originally from my friend Katie's mom. She sent the cookies down to St. Mary's in a package and I immediately demanded the recipe! I made these for a potluck dinner tonight and hope they go over well!

As the recipe mentions, they do tend to flatten out a good amount in the oven, and so a little bit of additional flour and oats helps some. The orange in these cookies is somewhat subtle but adds an amazing touch to my already-favorite type of cookie, oatmeal chocolate chip. Enjoy!!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Orange Cookies


2 Cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 Cups brown sugar
1 C butter, softened
2 eggs
1 Tbsp water
1/2 C oats - traditional
1 Cup Chocolate chips
1/2 C walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 tsp orange rind

Beat butter & sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs, water, and orange. Stir in flour mixture, oats, choc chips, and walnuts.

Bake on greased cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes at 375 F.

(add more oats and flour, were too flat)


Oh! Last night I went to a wine & cheese party with some fellow Fellows and I made crostinis to go with the cheese. They were incredibly simple and were a big hit! I used a loaf of stave garlic and parmesean baguette from Trader Joes, but any bread on the verge of going stale would be great. I cut the bread into very thin slices (maybe 1/4 inch?), drizzled them with olive oil and baked them in a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes, flipping them over half way through. They were really amazing, especially topped with feta cheese and basil!

1 comment:

benjamin bowman said...

hope the go over well?! they were DELICIOUS, friend. much thanks. gonna bookmark this one